Lord Baker of Little Moulton provides philanthropy within the Norfolk communities through charity event promotion & organisation through the ‘Lord Baker Community Fund’ to enable grant-making and charity support for Norfolk based communities. It is also known for Lord Baker to put on his running kit and run Marathons and 10K’s for the sole purpose of raising funds for great causes.
In September 2014 The ‘Lord Baker Community Fund’ was established with the Norfolk Community Foundation in Norwich to promote:
- Promote health and wellbeing
- Tackle disadvantage
- Support local solutions to meet local needs
- Promote community cohesion
- Develop sustainable and supportive communities
The following charities are currently supported with the Lord Baker Community Fund and it is expected that even more small to medium sized charities, based in Norfolk, will be added to the fund over the coming years:
- East Anglia Children’s Hospices (EACH)
- Star Throwers Cancer Care & Support
- Chapel Road School for Severely Disabled Children, and
- Norfolk Community Foundation.
About the charities supported
- Norfolk Community Foundation encourages charitable giving and connects donors with communities across Norfolk. An independent registered charity, it is part of a national movement of community foundations that manages funds for its donors, provides grants to small charities and voluntary groups and contributes to achieving social change in the local area. It’s aim is to build a stronger community in Norfolk by making it easier to give to address the real needs that exist in our communities.
- Star Throwers is a cancer support charity in Norfolk dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer. It has a team of experienced and compassionate doctors, nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors and kindhearted volunteers who guide, support and care for cancer patients and their carers at any stage of their journey.
- East Anglia Children’s Hospices (EACH) support children, young people and their families with the challenges that having a life-threatening condition can often bring. Services may be provided in the family home, the community or the hospice.
- Chapel Road School is a supportive, challenging and happy learning environment. ALL individuals are respected and encouraged to reach their full potential, enabling them as equal citizens to participate in and contribute to the local community.
There is also a Community Grant-Giving Programme which will be advertised periodically throughout the year where organisations will be invited to apply for grants up to £1,000.
Please see the ‘events’ page for the latest and exciting fundraising events being planned; links to the event pages are provided to purchase on-line tickets, or to participate as a sponsor, donation provider or generally enjoy being part of the annual events.
Arranging fundraising events for local charities in East Anglia is exciting, and experiencing the end results and what can be achieved through enabling financial support is a true driving force within Lord Baker’s event promotion, organisation and management.
Annual fundraising events include; The Grand Norfolk Charity Auction, Charity Darts Exibitions with the World’s Darts Masters and World Champions; including the Norwich Charity Darts Masters, Race Nights, Sporting Occasions; Running Marathons……oh, and ensuring social time for family and friends.
Subscribe To My Mailing List
Keep up to date with the latest news and charity events by subscribing to my mailing list.