The money raised from the auction will deliver grant-making and charity support for a range of beneficiaries through the Lord Baker Community Fund, managed by Norfolk Community Foundation.
The aim of the Fund is to:
- Promote health and wellbeing
- Tackle disadvantage
- Support local solutions to meet local needs
- Promote community cohesion; and
- Develop sustainable and supportive communities across the county.
The supported charities are listed below and provide vital support for individuals and their families.
- Norfolk Accident Rescue Services (NARS)
- East Anglia Children’s Hospices (EACH)
- Star Throwers Cancer Care & Support
- Chapel Road School for Severely Disabled Children, and
- Norfolk Community Foundation
About the charities supported
- Norfolk Community Foundation encourages charitable giving and connects donors with communities across Norfolk. An independent registered charity, it ispart of a national movement of community foundations that manages funds for its donors, provides grants to small charities and voluntary groups and contributes to achieving social change in the local area. It’s aim is to build a stronger community in Norfolk by making it easier to give to address the real needs that exist in our communities – http://www.norfolkfoundation.com
- Norfolk Accident Rescue Services (NARS) is one of Norfolk’s vital charities, which literally saves lives in Norfolk through voluntary Critical Care Paramedics and Doctors, who in 2015 alone responded to over 400 ‘Red-line’ emergency calls, saving numerous lives.
- Star Throwers is a cancer support charity in Norfolk dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer. It has a team of experienced and compassionate doctors, nurses, complementary therapists, counsellors and kindhearted volunteers who guide, support and care for cancer patients and their carers at any stage of their journey – http://www.starthrowers.org.uk
- East Anglia Children’s Hospices (EACH) support children, young people and their families with the challenges that having a life-threatening condition can often bring. Services may be provided in the family home, the community or the hospice – http://www.each.org.uk
- Chapel Road School is a supportive, challenging and happy learning environment. ALL individuals are respected and encouraged to reach their full potential, enabling them as equal citizens to participate in and contribute to the local community – http://www.chapelroad.norfolk.sch.uk
The Norfolk Community Foundation will also create a Community Grants programme which will be promoted and local community groups will be invited to apply for grants up to £1,000 to fund projects to support local people in need.
Community Grant Giving
The Lord Baker Community Grant Giving Fund is managed by […]Read More
Norfolk Accident Rescue Services (NARS)
NARS is one of Norfolk’s vital charities, which literally saves […]Read More
Norfolk Community Foundation
Norfolk Community Foundation encourages charitable giving and connects donors with […]Read More
Chapel Road School
We are a County Day School for children with complex […]Read More
Star Throwers are a cancer support charity in Norfolk dedicated to […]Read More
East Anglia Children’s Hospices
The nook appeal East Anglia Children’s Hospices …Developing children’s hospice […]Read More