Star Throwers are a cancer support charity in Norfolk dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer, especially those with a terminal diagnosis.We have a team of experienced and compassionate Doctors, Nurses, Complementary Therapists, Counsellors and kindhearted Volunteers who guide, support and care for cancer patients and their carers at any stage of their journey.
How We Help
- One to one discussions with an experienced Doctor and Nurse of the treatments options available and the scientific evidence supporting them
- Advice on alternative or complementary cancer treatments, including diet and lifestyle that may help throughout their cancer journey
- Relaxation therapies such as Holistic Aromatherapy Massage, Reflexology, Yoga, Acupuncture, Reiki, Hypnotherapy, Therapeutic writing and others
- Counselling for often desperately needed mental and emotional support
- Hosting free regular talks, workshops, and classes to educate and learn about cancer prevention and leading a healthy lifestyle
- We provide a haven for patients to escape and relax in positive and supportive environment where they can also meet others in similar situations
- By never giving up on patients or ‘writing them off’, helping them to live each day with dignity for as long as we can
- We support both patients and those caring for them
How We Are Funded
All of our services are free but this is only possible through the generosity of kind individuals and businesses through their donations and fundraising. We do not receive any government funding. Any support provided is always gratefully appreciated and will make a difference to someone’s life.
Why the name Star Throwers?
After a heavy storm, a boy walked along the beach throwing the stranded starfish back into the sea.
A man watching shouted “there are too many of them – it won’t make any difference.”
As the boy threw another starfish back into the sea, he smiled and replied:
“It made a difference to that one!”
Based on a story by Loren EiseleyBack to Supported Charities
Subscribe To My Mailing List
Keep up to date with the latest news and charity events by subscribing to my mailing list.